Action Cancer Hospital
Action Cancer Hospital, founded by Lala Mange Ram Aggarwal, is the first state-of-the-art cancer care hospital in the heart of West Delhi. This 100-bedded hospital, NBAH accredited, which is located at Paschim Vihar, was inaugurated on 2nd April, 2010 by the honorable President of India Mrs. Pratibha Patil. The hospital’s mission is to provide world-class affordable healthcare facilities to all sections of society with a human touch, whilst maintaining high standard of ethical practice and professional competency with emphasis on training and education leading to research. Promoted by the Manav Sevarth Trust of Action Group of Companies, the hospital provides hope to those who can’t afford the expenses that the disease demands.
Spread across 2.5 acres of land, the full-fledged super-specialty hospital is equipped to handle all types of cancer cases. The infrastructure, equipment and technology have been integrated to international standards to provide globally compatible specialty healthcare. Action Cancer Hospital is equipped with the latest state-of-the-art equipments like Delhi’s 1st Rapid Arc Radiation Machine, 16 Slice PET.CT & Gamma Camera, 1.5 Tesla MRI and 64 Slice CT Angio among others. Not only domestic patients but also those from countries like Afghanistan, Iraq and Nepal are being treated at Action Cancer Hospital.
The hospital has different departments to cater to the specific needs of its patients. Following is a brief overview of the various departments:
- Department of Medical Oncology: Department of Medical Oncology deals with the systemic therapy of cancer including chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, targeted therapies, supportive care and bone marrow transplantation.
- Department of Surgical Oncology: The Surgical Oncology teams are experts in performing surgeries of Head and Neck, Breast, Thoracic, upper and lower GI, Hepatobillary, Pancreatic, Urology, Gynecology, Bone and Soft tissue and Skin tumors. The Modular Operation Theaters with central supplies and laminar air flow, stainless steel cladding on wall and epoxy coating on floors maintain the electrostatic and infection free environment.
- Department of Radiation Oncology: The department is equipped with a computer-controlled dual energy Linear Accelerator (6MV,15MV) which operates in multiple modes, delivering both photon and electron radiation at different energy levels, so the radiation oncologists can choose the most appropriate energy and depth of treatment for each individual case. The department has the most advanced treatment planning system utilizing a CT simulator, numerous software technologies for planning and delivery, and medical imaging technology (CT scan, PET scan, and MRI) that enable the radiation oncologist to precisely define and differentiate the cancerous tumor from normal healthy tissue. The department is also equipped with Brachytherapy setup which is capable of performing Gynecological, esophageal, endobronchial, Interstitial and Surface mould brachytherapy.
- Department of Nuclear Medicine and PET.CT: Nuclear Medicine or Department of radio-isotope imaging is equipped with state-of-the-art 16 slice PET.CT and Dual head Gamma Camera by GE. Dual head gamma camera is used to detect the disease at the functional level. The isotope imaging helps in detecting the disease much earlier than it manifests itself with structural changes to be detected with USG or CT imaging. PET.CT imaging brings the molecular imaging for disease detection. It has revolutionized the oncology practice in recent times and it finds use at every stage of management of oncology patients from diagnosis to future follow up.
- Department of Radio Diagnostics and Bio Imaging: The department is equipped with the most advanced facilities like:
- 1.5 Tesla MRI
- 64 slice CT scan
- Digital Fluoroscopy and Compound Radiography
- CR System
- Bone Densitometry
- High end Ultrasound and Color Doppler
- Digital and Portable X-Ray
- Department of Laboratory Medicine and Blood Bank: The department caters to all the pathological tests like:
- Hematology and Clinical Pathology
- Immuno Assay
- Histopathalogy and Cytopathology
- FNAC with Frozen Section facility
Action Cancer Hospital has the unmatched support of the well-established 300-bedded multi specialty hospital, Sri Balaji Action Medical Institute and a back-up of 24 Hrs. Emergency, Blood Bank and diagnostics facilities, high-end technology with highly experienced doctors and paramedical staff under one roof.