Dr. Shruti Bhatia completed her MBBS from the prestigious Maulana Azad Medical College in Delhi. This was followed by a post graduation in Obstetrics and Gynecology from Kasturba Hospital, Delhi. She trained in Gyne-Oncology from Aichi Cancer Center, Japan, and Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai.
Dr. Bhatia worked as Gyne-Oncologist at Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute, BL Kapur Memorial Hospital, and Sri Balaji Action Medical Institute before joining Action Cancer Hospital.
She has worked extensively in the field of cervical carcinoma and its prevention. In doing this she has conducted several workshops in Colposcopy and carried out numerous cancer awareness programs for early detection of gynecological cancers.
Well versed in basic and advanced colposcopic procedures, cryotherapy and LEEP, Dr. Shruti Bhatia has expertise in treating and operating all gynecological malignancies like Cervical, Endometrial, Ovarian, Vulval and Gestational Trophoblastic malignancy. She has treated and managed many cases of both early and advanced malignancies in her career of fifteen years.
She has several published articles to her credit and has presented papers in both national and international conferences. As an active member of the Association of Gyne-Oncologists of India, Indian Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology, Association of Obstetrics and Gynecologists of Delhi and member of International Gynecologic Cancer Society, Dr. Bhatia is contributing to the awareness, understanding, treatment and management of several gynecological cancers.
- M. D. in Obstetrics and Gynecology: Kasturba Hospital, University of Delhi, April 2000.
- D.N.B. in Obstetrics and Gynecology: November 2001.
- MNAMS: National Board of Examinations, 2002.
- MBBS: Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC), University of Delhi, 1996.
- Training course in gynecological endoscopy and allied procedures, at N. Wadia Maternity Hospital, Mumbai, July 2000.
- Training course in obstetrics and gynecological ultrasound, and fetal heart rate monitoring, at N. Wadia Maternity Hospital, Mumbai, Aug 2000.
- Overseas Fellowship in the department of obstetrics and gynecology in Osaka City University Hospital, Japan, Sep 2004 to Nov 2004.
- Overseas fellowship in department of gynecologic- oncology, Aichi Cancer Center, Nagoya, Japan, Sep 2005 to Dec 2005.
- Training in gynecology oncology at Tata Memorial hospital, Mumbai, Sep 2008.
- Life member of Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists of Delhi (AOGD).
- Member of Indian Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (ISCCP).
- Member of Association of Gyne- oncologists of India (AGOI).
- Member of International Gynecologic Cancer Society.
- Member of Oncology sub-committee of AOGD.
- Member of Asia-Oceania Research Organisation in Genital infection and neoplasia (AOGIN).
CLINICAL TRIALS & PUBLICATIONS
- Rare case report of primary pseudomyxoma ovarii with disseminated peritoneal adenomucinosis. Indian Journal of Gynae Oncology. September 2018.
- Malignant Brenner tumor: rare case report and review of literature. Indian Journal of Gynae Oncology. September 2017.
- Primary Extraosseous Ewing sarcoma of anterior abdominal wall. Indian Journal of Gynae Oncology. January 2017.
- Reproductive health in cancer patients. Indian J Gynae Oncol. 2009; vol IX, 5-10·Angiogenesis in gynecologic malignancies. Indian J Gynae Oncol. 2006; 6:21-6.
- Review of four cases of MRKH syndrome. Asian J Obstet Gynecol. 1999; Vol. IV, No.1.·Guidelines for management of adnexal mass in young girls. AOGD good clinical practice guidelines,2017.
- Chapter on “Ablative methods for treatment of intraepithelial lesions” in book Preventive Oncology for the gynecologist, Springer publication.
- Chapter on “ Molecular targeted therapy in endometrial cáncer: basis and therapeutics” in book Recent Advances in Endometrial Cancer, Springer publication.
- Published several articles for cancer awareness in local newspapers and magazines.